Before you applyWe strongly encourage you to get to know us before you begin the application process.
Visit us in person, explore our website, print the Application Information Form, ask around to see if anyone knows about Women’s, talk to your School Principal and even Google us! The more knowledge you have, the better informed your decision will be. Please print the Application Interest Form for more information about the College
- Academic merit
- Community engagement
- Cultural achievements
- Sporting achievements
- General suitability to College life
- Historical and family connection to College
- Home location (priority to rural and regional Queenslanders)
- University choice (priority to UQ students)
Visit the UQ’s Residential Colleges’ Application Portal. Follow the instructions and choose The Women's College as your first preference. Be aware this application process can take 10 minutes.
You will receive an automatic email entitled "Application Email" which will inform you that "This information has been sent to the College and over the next couple of days, they will be in direct contact with details on how to complete the application process"
The Women's College will then email you with a link which will take you to the second part of the on line application. This section requests further information and two additional documents for you to complete before your application can be processed and reviewed by Women's College staff:
- Application Fee Form. This is a non-refundable $110 application fee
- Referee Reporting Form. This will help you complete your two references you will need for your application.
Step 4:Print the Application Fee Form and complete. Post it to The Women's College or scan and email to email@example.com
Step 5:Think of two people you know well to provide a reference for your application into The Women's College
- one referee could be an academic referee, for example, a teacher or other education professional who can comment on your studies to date
- one referee could be a family friend who has known you for some years or someone you have done some volunteer work for
Step 6:Send your two referees the following information. Please ensure you allow ample time for referees to complete the documentation
Step 7: For International Students onlyPlease send The Women's College the following two additional documents (1) a copy of your unconditional offer from The University of Queensland (2) Acceptance form from The University of Queensland
Once The Women's College receives the completed on line application and the three additional completed documents (Application Fee Form and two Referee Report Forms) we will send you an email asking you to contact us to arrange an interview.
For International students we also need to receive the additional two documents from The University of Queensland.
If you would like to apply for a bursary to assist with your residency fees then please email us your 'Bursary Application Form' once you have completed your online application for residency at the College.
We must receive the Bursary no later than Friday 28 September 2018.
To apply for a bursary click here
- Please note that being granted an interview does not imply that a place will be offered
- We will keep you informed of your application status.
If you are offered a place at Women’s, you’ll be asked to sign an agreement to become a member of College. This is a legally-binding agreement in which you commit yourself to the privileges and responsibility of College membership for a full academic year.
If you do accept the offer, there will be further paperwork to be completed.