Associate Member Program
Women's College Associate Members live outside the College but can call Women’s ‘home’ while at university and enjoy all the benefits of College life including:
- During Orientation Week Associates 'live in' for the entire week to become fully immersed in the culture and life of Women's College.
- Academic support provided in weekly tutorials
- Weekly formal dinners – a highly valued Women’s tradition and the ideal place to make lasting friendships and meet inspiring guest speakers, while enjoying a special meal
- Access to all Women’s facilities including the dining hall (where meals can be purchased), common rooms, library, music room and tennis court – perfect for taking a break from university life while on campus
- Discounted UQ Sport membership to maintain a balance between study, recreation and exercise
- Facilitated access to UQ programs, individual coaching on study and time management skills, and mentoring from fellow students
- Peer support through an assigned Resident Assistant (a senior student familiar with life at Women’s) as part of a wider pastoral care program
- Social connections to other colleges on campus – great for students who are commuting, are new to Brisbane or living in accommodation where meeting like-minded women is difficult
Associate Members are often the first to be offered places at Women’s should they become available throughout the academic year.
Therefore, we ask anyone wishing to become an Associate Member to complete a thoughtful application and attend an interview.
The program cost is $800 for a full year.
Application details are available from The Women's College. They need to be submitted before 30 September for the following year.
Telephone 3377 4550 or email email@example.com
"The Associate Program has hugely benefited me academically and has allowed me to meet some great new people over the past two years. Not once did I feel like 'just an Associate' - the warm environment of Women's is something I will greatly miss. I hope that the Associate Program continues to grow in coming years. Thank you again!" - Ellen Taylor, 2014/2015 Women's College Associate Member