Nominate an outstanding Women’s College Alumna
The accomplishments of Women’s College alumnae bring honour to themselves and to their College in a multitude of ways – through leadership in their professions, business and government; ground-breaking advances in science and medicine; accomplishments in humanities and the arts; and service to international and local communities. The Women’s College Alumnae Awards celebrate the diverse achievements of alumnae and provide an opportunity to share these inspirational stories each year.
Women’s College Alumnae Award categories:
Young Alumna Award
This award recognises a young alumna (35 years or younger) whose professional or volunteer accomplishments demonstrate a significant impact – locally, nationally or internationally. As an inspirational role model, they have raised their profile and standing within the community to create positive impact in their field.
Community Alumna Award
This award recognises a Women’s College Alumna who has demonstrated outstanding service to the community. This can be demonstrated by but is not restricted to:
- Dedication of significant time and resources to community and/or charity activities
- Successful development and implementation of community support activities.
Inspirational Alumna Award
This award honours an inspirational alumna who has an extraordinary personal story to tell about their own life. Their story will demonstrate that they have shown outstanding levels of resilience and determination. This can be demonstrated by:
- Undertaken an extraordinary journey of survival or battled against the odds to follow their dreams.
- Become a source of inspiration in the way they overcame a significant obstacle in their life to achieve their goal.
- Provided life-changing assistance to another person or their community.
The Women’s College Alumna Award
This pinnacle Alumna award recipient exemplifies continuous and significant contributions in one or more of these areas:
- Professional achievement – career or a leader in her field
- Community leadership – service or philanthropy
- Inspirational leadership achievement – mentoring or creativity.
This recipient inspires and uplifts those around them through their lifelong pursuits. The recipient also aligns with the College vision to empower women to lead lives of meaning and purpose.
How to Nominate
A nomination is submitted on behalf of the nominee as follows –
- Complete the Nomination Form – Nominations Open 30 September 2021
- Provide a current professional resume of the Nominee
- Provide a written statement (maximum 600 words) detailing why the nominee deserves to be recognised and how they meet the criteria for the award.
- Include any supporting evidence: awards, media clippings, videos, etc
- Complete nomination by 5:00pm, Friday 31 December 2021
Nominations can be received from any member of the community, including Women’s College staff, Council members, students and other alumnae. Self-nomination is permitted with justification.
Other Nomination Information and Criteria
1. The alumna must have resided at Women’s College for a minimum of one year.
2. The Nominee must be willing to be nominated and her assistance may be sought in compiling the nomination.
3. Awards will be made in four categories determined by the Awards Selection Committee: Young Alumna Award, Community Alumna Award, Inspirational Alumna Award and the Women’s College Alumna Award. The Nominee cannot receive more than one award.
4. The judging panel reserves the right to move applications into a different award category, based on the skills and experiences described in their application.
5. The Nominee must be available to attend the Women’s College Alumnae Awards Dinner to receive the award, unless extenuating circumstances prevail.
6. The Nominee is requested to be available to make a short video statement if required that may be shown at the presentation of the awards. The College will contact the Nominee should this be required and will be responsible for organising the video.
7. It is a condition of the awards that successful nominees make themselves available for promotional activities with The Women’s College in the 12 months following the awards.
8. Nominees are asked to consent to the use of images in Women’s College publications and promotional material.
Selection of Award Winners
The Awards Selection Committee is appointed by the College and judging will take place on 2 February 2022.
The awards will be announced and presented at the Academic Dinner & Alumnae Awards in March 2022.
For more information about the Awards, please contact our Engagement & Marketing Manager – email: email@example.com or phone: 07 3377 4500.