Nominate an outstanding Women’s College Alumna
The accomplishments of Women’s College alumnae bring honour to themselves and to their College in a multitude of ways – through leadership in their professions, business and government; ground-breaking advances in science and medicine; accomplishments in humanities and the arts; and service to international and local communities. The Women’s College Alumnae Awards celebrate the diverse achievements of alumnae and provide an opportunity to share these inspirational stories each year.
Women’s College Alumnae Award categories:
Young Alumna Award
This award recognises a young alumna (35 years or younger) whose professional or volunteer accomplishments demonstrate a significant impact – locally, nationally or internationally. As an inspirational role model, they have raised their profile and standing within the community to create positive impact in their field.
Community Alumna Award
This award recognises a Women’s College Alumna who has demonstrated outstanding service to the community. This can be demonstrated by but is not restricted to:
- Dedication of significant time and resources to community and/or charity activities
- Successful development and implementation of community support activities.
The Women’s College Alumna Award
This pinnacle Alumna award recipient exemplifies continuous and significant contributions in one or more of these areas:
- Professional achievement – career or a leader in her field
- Community leadership – service or philanthropy
- Inspirational leadership achievement – mentoring or creativity.
This recipient inspires and uplifts those around them through their lifelong pursuits. The recipient also aligns with the College vision to create women who have led lives of meaning and consequence.
How to Nominate
A nomination (self-nomination is permitted) is submitted on behalf of the nominee as follows –
- Complete the Nomination Form below
- Provide a current professional resume of the Nominee
- Provide a written statement (maximum 600 words) detailing why the nominee deserves to be recognised and how they meet the criteria for the award.
- Include any supporting evidence: awards, media clippings, videos, etc
- Complete nomination by 5:00pm, Friday 28 August 2020.
Other Nomination Information
1. The alumna must have resided at Women’s College for a minimum of one year.
2. The Nominee must be willing to be nominated and her assistance may be sought in compiling the nomination.
3. Awards will be made in three categories determined by the Awards Selection Committee: Young Alumna Award, Community Alumna Award and the Women’s College Alumna Award. The Nominee cannot receive more than one award.
4. The Nominee must be available to attend the Women’s College Alumnae Awards Dinner to receive the award, unless extenuating circumstances prevail.
5. The Nominee is requested to be available to make a short video statement if required that may be shown at the presentation of the awards. The College will contact the Nominee should this be required and will be responsible for organising the video.
Selection of Award Winners
The Awards Selection Committee is appointed by the College.
The awards will be announced and presented at the Alumnae Awards Dinner on Wednesday 28 October 2020.
For more information about the Awards, please contact our Engagement & Marketing Manager – email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 07 3377 4500.
Complete a nomination form here –