Before you apply
- Welcome to Women’s College
- Take a 3D Tour
- Follow us on Social Media
- Phone our registrar for a chat on +61 7 3377 4500
- Book a Tour
- Book a Zoom Chat with a Student Ambassador
- Attend an Open Day
- Attend a regional event
- Talk to any friends or family who may have lived at Women’s College
Decide on whether you are applying to be a resident or non resident.
Before you Apply:
We strongly encourage you to get to know us before you begin the application process. Explore our website, ask around to see if anyone you know is familiar with The Women’s College, follow our Facebook page and even Google us!
Visit The Women’s College admission instruction page for a step to step guide for admission
Associate Membership Program
Becoming a Women’s College Associate provides many connections within the Women’s College community and to other colleges on campus at The University of Queensland. It is great for any student who commutes to university and wants to embrace the many benefits of a residential college such as academic tutorials, mentoring and networking opportunities.
Membership to the Associate Program includes the following benefits:
Orientation Week (first semester)
- Participation in the Orientation Week Program (includes all accommodation, meals and activities for six days with all residents and associates for first year)
- Women’s College polo shirt and cap
- Join College residents for lunch during the week in the dining hall at no additional cost
- Opportunity to purchase dinner in the Dining Hall at an additional fee per meal
- Access to study spaces eg. library, music rooms
- 30% discount on apartment rentals (subject to availability)
- Tennis court access
- Attend college-run tutorials
- Pastoral care and academic support from staff and student leaders
- Attend Formal Dinners (dinner, guest speaker & networking opportunities)
Ready to Lead Program
- Opportunity to participate in a bespoke leadership development program called ‘Ready to Lead’
- Access mentoring and internship opportunities
- Purchase tickets to Social events organised by the Student Club Executive
- Purchase Women’s College student merchandise
- Opportunity to obtain UQ Sport gym membership at a discounted rate for Women’s College students.
- Participate in cultural and community service activities.
To apply to The Women’s College to be an Associate member, please complete the online application form – https://www.womens.uq.edu.au/application-form/
- $1,800 – First Year Associate (includes Polo Shirt, Cap & O-Week events)
- $1,200 – General Associate (returning associate or resident who is leaving and wishes to stay connected)
Fees are payable for the entire academic year and are paid up front prior to the commencement of Semester 1. Students wishing to join the College as an Associate for Semester 2 only, should contact the College on tel: 3377 4500.
Please note that Associate members cannot participate in the sporting and cultural ICC (Inter-College Competition) activities as all ICC participants must reside within the College, however they can attend and support such events, and are certainly welcome to join any social team that fellow students might organise. Associates are able to participate in any community/volunteering activities and are also invited to social events as well.
Before you Apply:
We strongly encourage you to get to know us before you begin the application process. Explore our website, ask around to see if anyone you know is familiar with The Women’s College, follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
Visit The Women’s College admission instruction page for a step to step guide for admission.
“The Associate Program has hugely benefited me academically and has allowed me to meet some great new people over the past two years. Not once did I feel like ‘just an Associate’ – the warm environment of Women’s is something I will greatly miss. I hope that the Associate Program continues to grow in coming years. Thank you again!”
Ellen Taylor, 2014/2015 Women’s College Associate Member
If you would like to apply for a bursary to assist with your residency fees then please email us your ‘Bursary Application Form’ once you have completed your online application for residency at the College.
We must receive the Bursary no later than the last Friday of September prior to planned residency year.
To apply for a bursary click here
We use a range of criteria to determine the order of offers for placement including:
- Academic merit
- Community engagement
- Cultural achievements
- Sporting achievements
- Suitability to College life and potential to maximise the opportunity
- Historical and family connection to College
- Home location (priority to rural and regional Queenslanders)